Scientific American has some fun examples of people who have been doing spamming the blogosphere. They create an identify that in some way conceals their ulterior motives, and then post blog comments or posts that push their agenda.
Read More from GroupLens Research
- Human-Aided Information Retrieval to Create a Peer Support Group Meeting List July 21, 2020
- System Design to Reduce Social Cost of Question Asking July 2, 2020
- Designing Technology for Children: Review of Last Decade’s IDC Research June 22, 2020
- Get More Citations by Keeping Graduate Students Off Reddit May 22, 2020
- What does it mean to “keep community in the loop” when building algorithms for Wikipedia? May 14, 2020